Monday, July 4, 2011

4th July 2011

Monday 4th July '11


So fast it's the 4th day into July already. When you are rushing for things, time seems to rocket pass you.

The weekend has not been productive. My laptop decided to go berserk on me during Sunday. No willing to do anything. It's always the same. No matter where am I, what am I doing,  everytime it's submission period, laptop will try to fail me.


This week should be a busy one.


Today is a tiring day. Most tiring of all the days spent at workshop.

Started by printing out a full colour A4 size on a photo paper. Bring it down to the workshop to laser cut them. Never know that the laser cut can cut paper as thin as this.. haha..

After cutting.. 

The will-be-logo



The logo is another problem I've created for myself. Remember last few post I show the acrylic alphabets that I laser cut out? Now the problem is how to stand them on the plinth. Talk to A today and ordered a 3mm acrylic rod. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. Then I will drill holes on both the acrylic and plinth and it will be done.

Thought I would print my dissertation during lunch hour but someone is printing things. Therefore, I couldn't put my papers inside the printer. Decided to reach very early tomorrow morning to print, before anyone is there to use the printer.. Haha

Back to the workshop and started to work on finishing the plinth.

The plinth as many screw holes so use the filler to fill them 1st. Wait for them to dry and then sand them smoothly so that when it is painted, no holes will be seen.

See?

I'm working hard! 

Then, drag it to one side and start to paint it. I was looking forward to painting it as it has been so long since I've play with paint.. XDD

I regret it after 10minutes.. 

It's fun to play at 1st 

Happy...

It's getting so tiring. Painting is hard work.. XD
My hand ached, my leg ached. XD



Furthermore, I realised I've created another trouble for myself. Designing the plinth in this way means I have a lot of corners that I can't paint with the roller. Damn it! So hard to get those small spaces painted evenly. Need to use small brush for those places. I'm not good with it. It looks ugly... T_T

Need to paint again tomorrow


So, things to do tomorrow.

1. Reach 8.30am at Uni and print the dissertation.
2. Print poster if ready.
3. Go Bonington and buy CD to burn the animation.
4. Back to workshop to continue painting the plinth.
5. Check out the acrylic rod and drills holes.
6. Go to the Print Shop and get my dissertation bind.


Now, I need to work on my poster. Hope it will be done smoothly.

Did some renderings at the computer lab while I'm at workshop today. Used 4 computers to render at the same time. Haha.. Very efficient!

Here's a sample of what I've been doing.

^_^

4 comments:

siawcheng@joanne ♥ said...

THAT IS SO SUPER CUTE!!!! I DONT CARE!!! U GONNA SAVE ONE FOR ME!!! ANY BEAUTIFUL COLORS WILL DO!!! WOOOOOOOT!!!

never knew these things could be done by human. xDDD never knew got such high-tech machines. wooooooooo~ SUPER CANGGIH!!!

Cassie the Missy said...

XDDD... you so funny.. haha.. this thing not high tech at all.. when u see it, you will know.. hahahahaaa...

siawcheng@joanne ♥ said...

no need so high tech.. too high tech i dont know how to use!!!! xD

Cassie the Missy said...

lol... like your new camera? XDDD