Saturday, October 2, 2010

I am lonely.

I have been in Nottingham almost a week already. Things kinda happened very fast. From KLIA to Amsterdam to Manchester. All in 15hours. Reaching Nottingham before 4pm on 26th September 2010.

Now, I am officially an International Student majoring in MA Product Design in Nottingham Trent University. Coming here is a dream I previously wish for. Departing to Nottingham is excited and in the mean time, I feel depressed. I wouldn't be able to be with my family and friends for 1 year. I couldn't see my favourite toys/books/piano/etc etc for 1 year. I know I will miss everything tremendously. Especially my family. The longest I've been away from them is 2 weeks.. that's when I went for holiday in Hong Kong.. Even that, I will keep thinking of going back home. I hope I know what am I doing now. Coming to UK for furthering my studies.. am I really here for my studies or am I here to see what how does the British live? I don't really feel like working on my assignments now actually.. I am homesick. I miss my family. Sometime, I think if I am here with just one of my close friend, I wouldn't be so lonely.. at least we can laugh together and cry together. But now, I am here with no one. Everyone tells me that I would be able to make friends but I don't think those friends are the ones I have back in Malaysia. It's different. That's because we have different backgrounds. I feel different.

I heard one of the other student said that day..

"I come to Nottingham only for 1 reason. And that couldn't be achieve in my home country. That is to be a foreigner."

I feels that she said it very well. I come here to be a foreigner. To learn and experience new things. But all I wish for is only a friend.

Sorry for the depressed update. I am really upset now. I just need to rant it all out.. I hope I can overcome this or I wouldn't be able to do any work...

Pictures are available in my facebook.

I promise that my next post will be something cheerful or I wouldn't post it for you guys to get worry about me. Sorry.

No comments: